Does the full moon affect our sleep? How about full moon sleep in the cycles of the moon? Many disorders seem to follow the phases of the moon. When the moon is full, some people may suffer from insomnia, nightmares, weird dreams, and some people even sleepwalk. There is one more fascinating fact that some people sleep better when the moon is full, even if its shine falls into their faces.
- Copious studies about full moon sleep have tried to find lunar effects. Reuters reports that researchers with the Austrian Society for Sleep Medicine & Sleep Research examined the sleep patterns of 391 people in several European countries. About half the subjects had sleeping disorders, but no one knew the researchers were interested in the effect of the moon and full moon sleep. “When I deal with patients with sleep problems, so many say that the full moon stopped them (from) sleeping, that even I was expecting some small difference to show up in the study,” Gerhardt Kloesch, the Vienna University psychologist who led the current research, told Reuters.
- In fact, just 8 percent of those surveyed had problems sleeping while there was a full moon, compared to 25 percent who said they had a particularly excellent night’s sleep on the night of a full moon.
- full moon sleep or not, it’s vital to get the right amount of sleep each night. If you sleep too modest-or even too much–you’re at a higher risk for a heart attack. In a separate research study, doctors at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston have determined that women who have a sleep imbalance–that is, sleep five or less hours a night or nine or more–run a greater risk of getting heart disease than those who sleep eight hours a night. Why? They aren’t sure, especially for those who sleep too much. Reuters reports that while the study involved 121,700 female nurses that started in 1976, the results are likely to apply to men as well.
full moon sleep or not, it’s vital to get the right amount of sleep each night. If you sleep too modest-or
Incoming search terms:
- full moon and sleep
- full moon cant sleep
- why cant i sleep when there is a full moon
- full moon and insomnia
- full moon sleep disturbance
- insomnia full moon
- full moon no sleep
- can a full moon affect sleep
- moon causing tiredness